Friday 22 March 2013

Teach a Two Year Old to Read - Update

I thought I'd do an update on how we are getting on with our 'Children Learning Reading Programme'.

  
We are now 5 weeks into the programme and I feel it is going really well. My son (who's 4) is now able to recognise quite a few different letters and can now read quite a few words completely on his own. (Which I think for a 4 year old is pretty good). We probably would have been further along with the programme if I had stuck to it religiously every day, which I admit I haven't (life gets in the way).
You are suppose to do each lesson (which don't take more than 5 minutes) at least twice a day, where as we have only being doing it once a day at the moment. Even so I feel my son is really starting to get to grips with it now and has finally mastered the art of 'blending'. (You can find out more about this on the website).
My daughter who's 2 can also now recognise quite a few different letters and everywhere we go now all I hear is the two of them shouting out letters whenever they see them on signs.


We are all really enjoying spending time together learning the letters and new words and at this rate I reckon my son will be able to read by the time he goes to school in September!

I will keep you updated with our progress and I will try and post up some videos so you can see for yourselves, (that is if first I can work out how to record it and second how to put it on here!)

If you like some more information on this reading programme then check out their website...

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I would love to see some videos as i would seriously consider the programme for my boys. Aiden starts school in September as well and any kind of basic reading knowledge is a massive positive. I'll definitely be checking out the website!

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impressed with it so far. Today my son has read 12 new words all on his own, he's only 4! He's really getting the hang of it now. I shall be putting up some videos very soon x

      Delete

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x