Friday 10 February 2012

A drowning day!


Yesterday was a bad day. I felt like I spent the entire day running around after two grumpy children that were going stir crazy from being insdie all day. I hate the winter! Grrr
It was one of those days when you never seem to be able to get on top of anything. A day when your little angels seem to do things deliberatley just to wind you up! (Of course there not really, I don't think a 1 and 3 year old is quite that devious)
I felt like I was literally drowing.
It was a case of give in and accept it wasn't going to get any better and console myself with the fact that this day cannot go on forever and the little angels would eventually go to bed. Or wrap them up and get out of the house.
I opted for the latter, so there we all are wrapped up as if we were about to go husky sledgeing in Antartica, just to go a play on the swings at the local park.
But do you know what, the day got better from there, I think both myself and the kids needed the fresh air.
We came home pink cheeked and exhausted and the kids played nicely togther for the rest of the afternoon right up until bedtime.
So what started as a drowning day actually turn into a much better day than I anticipated. x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think? Go on make my day. x